The Maharashtra Housing and Area Development Authority or MHADA is an agency that has the responsibility of constructing and developing housing units for the lower and middle income groups in the state. As a result, the MHADA lottery Schemes are popular among the home buyers who want to buy properties here and recently the body has launched lotteries for properties in Mumbai. The localities from which one could choose are Sion, Lower Parel, Powai, Goregaon west, Kandivali, and Vikhroli East.
One has to meet certain eligibility criteria for the MHADA Lottery Scheme.
- The applicant must be at least 18 years of age.
- He or she should have a Domicile Certificate that proves they have stayed in Maharashtra continuously for 15 years.
- One has to provide the income proof, which is the average monthly income, excluding the reimbursable allowances like transport, food, laundry etc.
- The PAN card and number have to be submitted for verification.
- One has to denote their income group- which are Economically Weaker Section (EWS) – up to 25,000; Middle-Income Group (MIG) – Rs 50,001 to Rs 75,000; Lower-Income Group (LIG) – Rs 25,001 to Rs 50,000; High-Income Group (HIG) – Rs 75,001 and above.
There are certain steps for applying to the MHADA Lottery Scheme:
- One has to log on to the MHADA Lottery Scheme Website.
- Next, one has to register themselves to the portal and for this one has to create a username and then fill in all the basic details in the form like the name, address, family income, PAN card number, occupation, date of birth and the like. The phone number is of importance as it would be used for verification and for all future communication as well.
- Once the user name is created, one can log in and apply online. There are various schemes available and from there one has to choose MHADA Lottery from the Menu. Once the personal details are provided, along with income group and reservation category, they would also need to provide the scheme code, which can be easily discerned from the annexures available. The scheme code refers to the location if one is shortlisted. Bank account details also have to be provided and one also has to sign an undertaking that the applicant and his immediate family members do not hold any other property in the city. Residential address has to be mentioned and make sure to double check all the information and confirm.
- Once the application is filled up, one has to pay the application fee. The payment can be made by a demand draft or also by debit card by paying online. NEFT can also be opted for. One can choose from the payment options available on the site itself. By paying via demand draft, one has to print the application form and submit it to the designated bank with the DD and money. One could also upload a cancelled cheque and pay online.